COMMITMENT TO DEI
S. M. Wilson’s commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce is woven into our values. We believe our varying ethnicities, cultures, genders, levels of experience, physical abilities and other differences benefit us as individuals and as an organization. We prioritize creating inclusive environments where everyone is safe to share, contribute and collaborate.
We bolster mentoring, training and job opportunities to not only increase the diversity of the construction workforce but improve business practices and skills resulting in the long-term growth of our industry.
CULTURE OF CARE
S. M. Wilson is a Culture of CARE Impact Champion through the AGC of America.
ATTRACT – prospective employees by creating inclusive workplaces that are free from harassment, hazing and bullying
RETAIN – high-performing employees by identifying and removing barriers to advancement
EMPOWER – every employee to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion
MEET OUR DEI COUNCIL
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Council works collaboratively with the Diversity Manager and Executive Committee to help guide, develop, and promote DEI initiatives for the Company. Council members serve as a resource and hold the Company accountable for progress toward reaching goals and integrating diversity, equity and inclusion into all aspects of work at S. M. Wilson.
SUPPLIER & WORKFORCE DIVERSITY
S. M. Wilson works with the community to support the success and sustainability of small and emerging businesses and to help build an inclusive, skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the region’s population.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- 2022: Women’s Foundation of Greater St. Louis’ 2021 Women in the Workplace Employment Scorecard Honoree – S. M. Wilson
- 2022: St. Louis Council of Construction Consumers (SLC3) Inclusion Champion – Maggie Farrell
- 2022: Small Business Monthly Diversity Heroes – Maggie Farrell
- 2021: Women’s Foundation of Greater St. Louis’ 2020 Women in the Workplace Employment Scorecard Honoree – S. M. Wilson
- 2018: Constructech Magazine’s Women in Construction List – Jamie Berzon
- 2011: Construction Careers Center Outstanding Service Award – AGC St. Louis – Scott Wilson
- 2009: Diversity Champion Award by the St. Louis Council of Construction Consumers – Scott Wilson
- 2006-07: Pioneer of Excellence Award from the Construction Careers Center – Scott Wilson